The show was called "Wind it Up", with the theme centring around time, clockwork, etc., so I put wind-up keys in the back of the dancers' silhouettes, as if they were clockwork toys.
2 weeks before these posters, we also put up "teaser" posters: plain black with white writing in the same font as the main logo, with the logo below. They had short 'sayings' on them, such as "tick tock", to hint at the show theme, but not explicitly say what the posters were about.
We then put up the main posters: on the same day, we asked every society member to wear their red show hoodies (red to match the logo). This was a regular part of our yearly show marketing, but this time we we could use our actual show logo on the hoodies, rather than just the show title in a pretty font; members reported getting lots of positive comments on the hoodies from friends & having people ask them what it was about. This was the design used on the back of the hoodie, printed in white:
On the same day, lots of us got up early to draw chalk outlines of the dancer silhouettes on the pavement, with "Wind it Up!" and the show dates next to them. Committee members also did a "flash mob" style dance in the street in show hoodies; we also recorded it, which I edited together & put up on YouTube.
Members also wore the hoodies when selling tickets outside the student union.
All of this marketing put together meant that the show sold out two out of three nights for the first time ever, with only a handful of seats leftover on the first night (the first night usually sold less than the last two, and the previous year less than half of the tickets had been sold for that night).
I was really proud to have worked on such a successful campaign and with such great people who all worked so hard together to make it all happen.